Welcome to LTP the Laboratory for Thermophysical Properties and Thermodynamic Research
The Laboratory for Thermophysical Properties (LTP) was founded in 1999 as an independent research organization in Oldenburg, Germany.
- Our expertise in the field of experimental work for chemical engineering, chemical thermodynamics, and reaction engineering is based on longtime experience in consulting for chemical industry.
- LTP is very experienced in phase equilibrium measurements, e.g., vapor-liquid, liquid-liquid, or solid-liquid, also at high pressures over a broad temperature range. The laboratory works since many years on transport and caloric properties and PVT data at elevated pressures.
- LTP can measure more than 20 thermophysical properties for gases, liquids, and solids.
- With more than 40 set-ups for thermodynamic measurements LTP covers a broad range in temperature (from about 180 to 870 K) and pressure (up to 1200 bar).
- More than 200 customers from industry and institutes worldwide.
- Main customers are chemical and petrochemical companies, car and automotive manufacturer and supplier companies, aerospace and food industry, engineering companies and patent law firms.
- More than the half of the global top 50 chemical producers are LTP customers.
- More facts...
A drop of water in toluene - interfacial tension measurements